Effective Date: 8 February 2017
Welcome to the EdenSleep website, www. http://www.EdenSleep.co.nz (Website).
You agree that when you click the relevant box to accept the Terms, you electronically consent to the Terms.
- In these Terms, "you" refers to the person using this Website. The terms "we," "our," "us" and "EdenSleep" collectively refer to EdenSleep Limited EdenSleep (NZBN 1186400), C/- Simpson Grierson, 88 Shortland Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand.
- These Terms give you information about us and the legal terms and conditions on which we sell any of the services listed on our Website (Services).
- EdenSleep expressly excludes any representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the information available on this Website. EdenSleep makes no representation about any third-party websites that may be accessed via links from this Website.
For information about the way in which we use, process and share personal and non-personal information that we may obtain about you, please refer to our Privacy Notice.
3. Disclaimer on Emergency Medical Conditions
Do not use this website for medical emergency services. In an emergency, call your local emergency assistance number.
4. Medical Disclaimers
The Content (as defined in 10 below) available through this website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for the professional judgment of a health care professional in diagnosing and treating patients. EdenSleep does not give medical advice, nor does it provide medical or diagnostic services. Additionally, the use of the content obtained through this website does not establish a physician-patient relationship. Your reliance on information and content obtained by you at or through this Website is solely at your own risk. Neither we nor any providers of content to us assume any liability or responsibility for damage or injury (including death) to you, other persons or property arising from any use of any product, information, idea or instruction contained in the Content.
We do not provide advice to you on any issues relating to medical treatment and the content is intended solely as a resource and informational tool. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen or read on this Website. We are not medical professionals and will not discuss or advise you on any issues relating to medical treatment.
5. Rights under New Zealand consumer law
We acknowledge that if you acquire Services from us other than for business purposes, then you may have the benefit of statutory guarantees under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. We advise you to visit www.consumerprotection.govt.nz in order to learn more about your consumer rights when purchasing goods or services.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
All content, text, images, data, information and other material displayed, available or present on this Website (Content), including any intellectual property rights in such Content (including without limitation trademarks and copyrights) (referred to as Intellectual Property Rights), are the property of EdenSleep, its affiliates, its licensors or the designated owners, and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. You should assume that everything you see or read on this Website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without our written permission, except as otherwise provided in these Terms.
Authorized and Prohibited Uses
You may download and print copies of the Content only for non-commercial, informational, personal use, without modification or alteration in any way, and only so long as you comply with these Terms and applicable laws. Except as may otherwise be expressly authorised by these Terms, you may not otherwise reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, display, or use any of this Website or the Content without our prior written permission. If this Website permits the emailing of certain Content or a link through the use of an "email to a friend" (or similar) icon, you may send that particular Content or link to others by email, as indicated. You agree not to infringe on any Intellectual Property Rights or remove or modify related proprietary notices contained in this Website or the Content.
7. User Content
- Except as provided in our website Privacy Notice, any content that you submit to this Website or to EdenSleep, whether directly or through a third-party website (User Content) will be deemed to be non-confidential and may be disclosed through this Website to unknown persons on a worldwide basis without control by EdenSleep, including for browsing, downloading, printing and other uses by such other persons or entities.
- You agree not to submit User Content to this Website or EdenSleep except for User Content that is fully authorised for purposes of this Website and these Terms, and by posting User Content on this Website, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute User Content. It is your obligation to determine the extent to which User Content you submit is protected by applicable intellectual property laws.
- You agree that EdenSleep will have, and you grant to EdenSleep, a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive right and license to translate, reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, adapt, display, perform, promote, link to or use, in any form or media, any User Content that you submit to this Website or EdenSleep.
- EdenSleep does not endorse any User Content, or third-party product or service that may appear on this Website. Nothing in these Terms will obligate EdenSleep to use any User Content you submit or permit the posting of such User Content on this Website.
8. Registration and Passwords
- At times, we may require you to have a password and provide registration details to access this Website or portions of this Website. To the extent that we do require a password and registration details, the details you provide must be correct, current and complete. If EdenSleep believes that the details are not correct, current and complete, we have the right to refuse you access to the Website, or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your account, if any.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) you are given to access this Website, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s). EdenSleep is not liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by EdenSleep, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s). We reserve the absolute right not to issue a password to any person or entity.
- Unless otherwise agreed between you and EdenSleep, no link will be made to any page of this Website except a direct link to the top page (eg, http:// www.EdenSleep.co.nz) without framing. In addition, any link to this Website must be immediately followed by notice to EdenSleep via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Moreover, if EdenSleep deems your linking practices in relation to this Website to be inappropriate, EdenSleep may choose to delete the link or to provide you with notice concerning removal or modification of the inappropriate link, and you agree to comply with any and all requirements of EdenSleep relating to such notice.
10. Access to Website
While it is EdenSleep's objective to make the Website accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, the Website may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, routine maintenance. You understand and acknowledge that due to circumstances both within and outside of the control of EdenSleep, access to the Website may be interrupted, suspended or terminated from time to time. EdenSleep will have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, including, but not limited to, Content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use.
11. Import/Export Control
You agree not to submit any User Content to this Website or commit any act involving the transfer of information relating to any Content in violation of applicable import/export control, espionage or national security laws.
12. Your Obligations
You agree to comply with the following:
- You will comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of this Website;
- You will not engage in, conduct or submit to our Website any User Content or other material that is illegal, inaccurate, misleading, misappropriated, infringing, dilutive, defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable. You must not cause damage, embarrassment or adverse publicity to us.
- You will submit only User Content that is functionally and technically compatible with our Website. You will not attempt to and will not damage, corrupt, tamper with or infect our Website, the Content or any of our information or telecommunication systems with a virus or other malicious computer program.
- You will only use this Website for the permitted purposes stated in these Terms, and will not engage in abusive activity with respect to our Website, or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the use or enjoyment of our Website by any person. You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with our Website to compromise security or tamper with system resources and accounts.
- You agree to cooperate with all of our reasonable requests and will notify us promptly on learning of any actual or suspected breach of Terms by you or unauthorised use or abuse of this Website.
13. Warranty Disclaimers
This Website, its content and its links are provided on an "as is" basis and are used only at your sole risk, to the fullest extent permissible by law. EdenSleep disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, of any kind, regarding this Website (including its content, hardware, software and links), including any implied warranties as to fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, title, non-infringement, results, accuracy, completeness, accessibility, compatibility, security and freedom from computer virus. If applicable law does not allow the exclusion of some or all of the above implied warranties to apply to you, the above exclusions will apply to you to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Limitations on Liability and Remedies
- EdenSleep's entire liability and your exclusive remedy with respect to any dispute with EdenSleep (including without limitation your use of the website) is to discontinue your use of the website.
- EdenSleep and its vendors will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damage arising from your use of this Website or for any other claim related in any way to your use or registration with EdenSleep. These exclusions for direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages include, without limitation, damages for lost profits, lost data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any other commercial damages or losses, even if EdenSleep had been advised of the possibility thereof and regardless of the legal or equitable theory upon which the claim is based. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, EdenSleep and its vendors' liability in such state or jurisdiction will be limited to the extent permitted by law. EdenSleep does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered through this Website and will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EdenSleep and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and contractors from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, arising in connection with your use of this Website, online conduct, breach of these Terms , or dealings or transactions with other persons resulting from use of this Website.
16. Third-Party Sites and Other Information
This Website may contain as a convenience to you, content, links and other information submitted by third parties over whom EdenSleep has no control or responsibility, as well as translations thereof which EdenSleep may arrange. EdenSleep has no obligation to monitor, control or restrict the use of this Website, or third-party websites accessible via links on this Website. These other sites are not under EdenSleep's control, and you acknowledge that (whether or not such sites are affiliated in any way with EdenSleep) EdenSleep is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of any site by EdenSleep or any association with its operators.
17. Separate Terms and Conditions
From time to time in connection with your use of or access to Content contained in certain areas of this Website, it may be necessary for you to consent to policies or terms and conditions in addition to these Terms. You should read carefully any such additional terms and conditions before making any use of such Content or areas of this Website. Any such terms will not vary or replace these Terms regarding any use of this Website, unless otherwise expressly stated.
18. Modification of Terms
Therefore, you are advised to review these Terms occasionally, or at least every 30 days. Your continued use of this Website subsequent to EdenSleep's notice of modification of these Terms will constitute your acceptance of the modified Terms.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform under these Terms if such delay is due to any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- Entire agreement. These Terms form the entire agreement between you and us.
- Changes. We reserve the right at any time to modify these Terms and to impose new or additional terms or conditions. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately and will apply to future orders you make with us.
- Termination by us. We reserve the right to refuse to supply Services to you, terminate our contract with you or terminate your account with us at our sole discretion and without incurring any liability to you.
- Support. If you require support, please phone our office on 0800 333675. If you require face to face personalised support, please go to one of our EdenSleep’s store locations, by appointment.
- Assignment. You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms whether in whole or in part without our prior written consent.
- Void or unenforceable terms. If any provision of these Terms is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which will continue to have full force and effect. Only the parties to these Terms may seek to enforce them.
- Dispute resolution and governing law. With respect to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with our Website or these Terms, each of us agrees to negotiate in good faith and undertake reasonable efforts to cooperate with one another in order to achieve a mutually satisfactory resolution. These Terms will be governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand and its appellate courts and waives any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts for any reason.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding these Terms or this Website, please contact us by email at email@example.com.